*****From January 2003 through June 2014, I operated a small in-home child care service primarily for teachers' children.
I provided care (on a full- or part-time basis) for 19 children other than my own, including 10 who started with me as infants. And, of course, I raised my own two daughters from infancy on as well.
I created a Policy Information Handbook which described in detail what parents could expect from me as I cared for their children. The text of the handbook is accessible by clicking here.
I also used several different forms, each of which is mentioned in the Policy Information Handbook. Click to view samples:
- Enrollment Form
- Daily Report: Infant (Six Weeks to Age 1)
- Daily Report: Older Baby/Toddler (Ages 1-2)
- Daily Report: Young Preschooler (Ages 3-4)
- Daily Report: Older Preschooler/Kindergartner (Ages 4-5)
- Daily Report: School-Aged (After School)
- Daily Report: School-Aged Summer
My home-educated daughters served as very capable assistant teachers and helpers.
I enjoyed providing occasional care for former clients after they reached school-age,
including the girls in green and yellow.
I cared for all three of these younger children from their infancies until they reached school-age.
All then "graduated" from Teachers' Tots and now attend public school.